Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

What am I doing to help heal my body?

  I wanted to write about something that I started doing again. I needed something to kind of reset my diet and help get me to where I need to be. In addition to making sure I eat plenty of fresh fruit and plant based foods, I need to spend time resetting my body. My diet isn't always as clean as I like and need it to be. Even I eat stuff I really shouldn't from time to time. 

eating healthy

  The last couple of years along my journey has been really tough for me for many reasons. Have you ever been there? This doesn't change much for me because my goal is always the same. To do my best every day, even when my best is not so great. To learn along the way, and progress forward even if it is hard. If you have ever tried to do what most people will never do, then you understand. 

  If you are on a healing journey no matter how imperfect it may be at times, then you understand. Every day is a new day to make those necessary changes. We all need to be reminded that it's OK to not be perfect because your not going to be. You will screw up from time to time, we all do. Just stay the course

  This goes for diet change, healing journey, wealth building and anything that you wish to accomplish! Another thing I want to add to this is not waiting until everything is perfect to begin. You will never be in the perfect situation needed to accomplish your goals. Life is too short not to take imperfect action towards getting what you want in life. 

  Every day that we practice the life and habits that we want, the easier it gets. You will still have days where it doesn't seem so easy. Move through it and past it. Also no matter what happens, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER IT! That's not healthy either. 

  I'm not here creating this natural health blog to say I'm perfect and better than you in anyway. Don't look up to me because you think I'm perfect and never struggle with things. I'm like you a human being, and a member of an imperfect and dysfunctional at times family. I'm not "normal" and I didn't raise my kids to be either lol! 

  I am here to offer you the very same information that I'm using to feel my best every day, As well as improve on my health. Don't get me wrong I still have a lot of work to do. I am a work in progress like all of us are. I know that when my diet is clean I feel my best and when it's not I feel like shit. I know that when we are at our best we can do our best. 

  My prayer is that I can be a positive influence in your life. The information here can be customized to fit your lifestyle. The most important thing is just get started. Eat from nature's goodness! The fruit, berries, melons and plants that hydrate the body. I also am a big believer in fasting every day to reset the body and eliminate more waste. 

  This gets me back to my original plan for this post. So, what am I doing to reset my diet and get back to better management of my health? 

  I am going back to the basics of my first year of my healing journey. After I began this journey to improve on my health again back October 2017 I was feeling pretty good. I lost 50 pounds and had energy again on a fruit based diet with simple salads. I was also doing a 15 hour a day fast and I was doing it consistently. 

  So this year I decided to get back to the fasting 15-20 hours a day as well as eating a clean fruit based diet with veggies and greens. I have already been fasting daily until about 12 noon. Actually that is a practice that I got into back when my journey began in 2017. My first meal is always a big smoothie between 12 noon and 2pm. 

  But I got into the habit of eating until late in the day when I really need to be fasting. I really should be getting at least a 15 hour daily fast in. Fasting long enough is important for the body to correct any imbalances that it may have. When you fast long enough you trigger the body to burn stored body fat for energy. Digestion and elimination is also caught up through fasting. 

  When we fast long enough the energy saved that usually goes to digesting food is then used in the cleansing and healing processes. This is why it can be a good daily reset! If we adopt this lifestyle longer term we can get out of the bodies way every day and allow it to do what it needs to do. 

  I am going for a minimum of 15 hours daily fasting. I am already used to getting close to that with my usual 12 hours. To truly reset my body and get the results that I am looking for I need to be closer to 20 hours a day. But I am not trying to be perfect so there is a margin of 5 hours there. 

  With 24 hours in the day, if we fast for 20 that is a 4 hour eating window. If we fast a few less hours that is a 5 or 6 hour eating window. Just depends on where you are at along your health journey and what you need to be doing. You be the judge of that. 

  It is good to have a plan if you want to succeed in your goals. From experience when I have a plan it is much easier to stay on track. Take the guess work out of it. Know when you need to eat and what you need to eat. Have a plan and stick to it! 

  For me it is easy to fast in the first part of the day but harder in the last part of the day. That is why I have been able to fast 12 hours daily form sleep to noon the next day. This time frame is easiest for me. But when evening rolls around if I don't have a plan I find myself grabbing whatever food is easy. And this is NOT where you want to be. 

  So for me having a plan is key to my success and your success no matter what it is you are tying to do. I like to write my plan out and put it in my pocket. I know form experience that a plan works and if it can work for me then it will you. 

  Since I am a mom in a full house I am not the only one that I prepare food for. I am also not the only one bring food into the house. Being a member and care giver of a household can be a challenge for us when we are trying to change everything about ourselves. I live with teenagers and my parents who are in there 70's. Both are challenging ages lol!

  Anyway, no matter what situation your in, it is probably not the perfect conditions for you to succeed with little effort. You have to work hard for what you want and having a plan that you can follow is the key! 
 
  My plan consists of fasting about 18 hours with a margin of a few hours just in case my plan needs to be a little flexible. It is important to allow flexibility in your plan for best results. But make sure to follow it. The best plan is only as good as the effort we put towards it. 

  In addition to the fasting time that I am putting in daily, I need to make sure my diet is as clean as possible each day. I want to eat mainly fruit with some veggies and of course salads. I honestly don't do salads every day but recently I been fitting in some raw veggies like broccoli and cauliflower in my diet. These veggies are great for lowering thyroid hormones so they are important in a hyperthyroid healing diet. 

  I want to eat between noon and 6pm or sooner. That is a 6 hour eating widow tops and if I start eating later than noon then it's less of a window. I also have the flexibility to make it the full 6 hours or less if I need to. 

  The foods that I choose should be plant based, fruit mostly and some vegetables. I eat mostly raw and that is good for me. Some days I eat 100% raw. It just depends on what I am doing and what I am cooking for my family. 

  For a good diet and fasting plan you also want to keep lots of fresh fruit on hand to eat. That way you are not going to eat something that is easier and not as good for you. I always have bananas, frozen fruit, apples and along with some greens for a salad. I can at least make a smoothie in a pinch or a salad with what I already have. 
 
  In the summer papaya and watermelon make a easy quick meal. We also have many fruit trees so in season I have lots of quick healthy food. 

  So far my plan is working out and it is allowing me to have more control over my diet. I have a plan and I follow it. Eat enough during the time allowed for eating. You want to eat enough food to sustain you for the day. Even though you are not eating all day it is still important to get enough calories. 

  This is were a plan comes in too. Plan out your meals, have plenty of quick healthy foods and eat enough. When it is time to fast you fast and that is it. 

  This is what I am doing and what helps me to stay on track or get back on track. My elimination is good and I feel like my system is getting a rest too. 

  Give it a try! Create a plan for your health. What will you eat? Make sure to have enough healthy easy to prepare foods on hand. What time of the day is best for you to fast? I like my fast to start in the evening, through my nights sleep on until about noon the next day. 

  Try it out for yourself. Keep a journal and find out how much time you spend fasting on a typical day. Then find out where you should be doing more and do it. Start with where you are at right now and build up to 15 hours a day. 

  Another thing that I noticed about following through with my plan is intentional eating. No more trying to figure out what I am going to eat. I plan it out and since I have about a 4-6 hour eating window I have to be intentional about what I'm eating and how much. 

  My plan is helping me to stay focused on what I am eating and when. After that I don't have to worry about it until noon the next day. Just have to stick with the plan and have lots of food to eat. 

  Then I can spend that time doing things for every one else and resting of course :)
 
  To learn more about the power of fasting see The Power of Fasting to Heal the body. 

If you are on a healing journey or want to be on one check out What Does it Take to Heal the Body.

  Today is the first day of the rest of your life! What are you going to do with it?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope this helps you in some way! 

Please leave a comment and share! Tell me what you think :) 


If you are new to this blog see the quick links and or the welcome page for more.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for my videos

And join me on Osdysee for content freedom!

My Books on Amazon :)

Read my books and many others for FREE with Kindle Unlimited membership. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly comments always appreciated but spam will get deleted :)

Health is Basic folks!

Health is Basic folks!
Dr. Morse