Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2022

My Green Goddess salad | Raw Food Recipes

 I decided to try the Green Goddess salad!

   I saw it first on My Healthy Dish YouTube channel. 

This is an Easy Raw Vegan Recipe that you are sure to love.

I am always looking for ways to eat more raw green foods. I looked up a few versions of this salad but decided to make my own version out of what I already had in the fridge. I think it turned out pretty good so I am documenting it here for those who want to try. You can customize it to what you like and to what you have in your fridge. Bottom line is use what you have, make it taste good and eat it lol! 



First I made my dressing;

I used my small blender that I bought for making dressings. I have a Vitamix but it is too big for my dressings. If I was making a larger amount I would use my Vitamix. In this case I was only making enough for one meal. See the Kitchen Ware Must Have Items page for the blender the I use.

In a blender use; 1 clove garlic, about 3 tablespoons worth of chives, 1 stalk of celery, and a little bit of ginger. When using garlic and ginger use what you like, both these herbs can be very overpowering. And, 1/2 cup soaked cashews, the juice of 1 lemon, 2 dates and a bit of water to thin it out a little. Use water carefully so that you can add it as needed. 

You can make it as thick as you want! 

Make sure to soak your raw cashews for about 15 minutes before using. This will make a creamier dressing for your greens and easier to digest. Blend and set aside :) 

For the salad I used; 

1 cucumber, 1 zucchini, a decent handful of spinach, 1 stalk celery, a little over 1 cup raw broccoli chopped and and 1/2 cup some chicory we had growing in the garden. Honestly the chicory was very bitter so I didn't use too much. Some romaine or iceberg lettuce would have been better. You can use lettuce, and whatever else you like. For the amount of dressing that this recipe made, it was about six cups of salad material in my bowel. 


I then poured the dressing over the salad and mixed it up well. I like it when it's all mixed together. 
I like my salads coated well with the dressing. So it turned out to make about 1 cup of dressing and like I said the salad material was a out 6 cups. This dressing was pretty good for me and a fat based dressing is the best when you are eating greens. I feel like the fat helps the greens go down and make it more palatable for me. It also breaks up the acidity of the lemon. For those who are watching your sugar you may omit the dates in this recipe. I did not use any salt or additional spices. 
       It took me about an hour to eat this since I took my time and was creating this blog post. But it was a satisfying salad and I didn't need to run to the store to buy anything. If you don't have cashews on hand try hemp hearts, soaked walnuts or even avocado will do. There is certainly many ways to make a green goddess salad. Look up some recipes and use what you have. 

          You can always substitute lemon or lime juice for vinegar, and whatever fat that you want to use. I personally avoid oils and find it much better to use a whole avocado instead. I also avoid salt so I didn't add any of that, since the celery is a great salt substitute. I liked this salad pretty well, and I was able to get these greens in me. It was also very filling and I did not feel a craving for anything else. 

A win, win for sure! 

This day I fasted until noon as usual, with the exception of lemon water first thing in the morning, then at noon I ate a good sized 6 banana and 1 tablespoon cacao smoothie. Until early evening when I made this salad. I took my time eating it and other than a few oranges will be my last meal. I try to keep things simple and light. The cashews was my fat for the day but I try not to eat that much fat every day. Like I said it does help with eating greens quite well, and I do need to eat more greens.

When it comes to a successful raw diet adding greens in the form of smoothies, juices, and salads is a must for satisfying meals that you don't find yourself wanting anything else. Green vegetable and fruits like I made here in this salad will give you many nutrients that you need. Not to mention filing! 

I hope that you liked this post and it inspired you to make your own Green Goddess salad. Let me know what you think in the comments below. For more content like this you may subscribe with your email using the form on the side bar. You may browse this blogs content by going to the Welcome page, the search feature at the top as well as the topic links on the side bar. For more of the recipes that I like to use check out my Recipe page.

  Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope this helps you in some way! 

Please leave a comment and share! 
Tell me what you think :) 

Today is the first day of the rest of your life! 

What are you going to do with it?


If you are new to this blog, see the quick links and welcome page for more.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for videos.

And join me on Osdysee for content freedom!


Want more excellent recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly comments always appreciated but spam will get deleted :)

Health is Basic folks!

Health is Basic folks!
Dr. Morse